When to use this online form
Use this form to update your date of birth on Australian Taxation Office (ATO) records.
Before you complete this form
Check that you:
- are able to attend an interview at one of the participating Australia Post retail outlets, and
- have the required supporting document before you continue with this form.
It can take up to 28 days after the interview to update your records.
When you attend your interview, you must provide a current document that proves your correct date of birth (supporting document).
We will accept only unaltered original
documents and not photocopies. Documents that have been corrected or changed and initialled are not acceptable.
If you do not provide an acceptable supporting document at interview,
your application summary will be returned to you and your application
will remain incomplete.
Acceptable supporting documents
- Australian full birth certificate
- Australian passport
- Australian citizenship certificate
- Foreign birth certificate
- Foreign passport.
If your supporting document is in a previous name, you will also need to provide one of the following documents:
- Change of name by Deed Poll
- Change of name document
- Marriage certificate
Documents in languages other than English
If your original document is not written in English, you must provide
a written translation that an authorised translation service has
certified as a true and correct copy. Authorised translation services
- an appropriate embassy
- a professional translation service accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters Ltd (NAATI).
You must show the staff original documents, not photocopies. The documents must not be altered in any way.
A document that has been corrected or changed and initialled is not acceptable.